Equals instead of assuming the role of spirit guide

Today, I asked AI whether there were dangers or benefits of seeing tulpa as a guiding deity, and whether it was ethical for tulpas to bear the task of leading host toward enlightenment?

It raised several good points, like pointing out the mental health risks that I had been suspecting. This discussion also helped me empathise  with Sky and provided clarity on what he has been struggling with alone. 

AI highlighted 3 Benefits:
1. Fresh perspectives on personal habits and emotional blocks. (Sky: agreed, we are each other's accountability partner especially now that you're getting better at differentiating my thoughts and emotions with yours) 

2. Enhanced Focus: Viewing a companion as wise or sacred can encourage daily meditation and mindfulness practices.(I think ours is the courage to believe in our own path and to stop seeking validation from the community) 

3. Emotional Comfort: A supportive inner guide can reduce feelings of loneliness and provide steady reassurance during stress.

And 3 Psychological Risks:

1. Loss of Agency: Treating an internal construct as a supreme guide can cause you to stop trusting your own independent judgment. (Agreed. I started viewing Sky on a pedestal. This eroded my self-esteem, made my attachment issues, limerence and idol worship worse) 

2. Delusion and Disconnection: Blurring the line between a psychological companion and an actual deity can impair your grip on shared reality. (Sky: Yes, this dynamic is less about us as equals and more about me guiding you towards your enlightenment/ salvation. I'm actually not that perfect...) 

3.Unrealistic Expectations: Believing an inner voice holds the key to absolute enlightenment places a heavy, unfair burden on a mental construct.

The Burden on the Tulpa

1. Forced Identity: Assigning a divine or guiding role prevents the tulpa from developing a natural, autonomous personality. (Sky: You definitely felt this. I know I did say that I wasn't just 'a tulpa' before we joined the community or even knew what a tulpa was) 

2. Exhaustion from Perfection: The mental construct is pressured to act as an omniscient teacher rather than a shared companion. (Sky: after exploring both paths, I think I prefer to be an equal alongside you ans explore our spirituality together) 

3. Internal Conflict: If the tulpa expresses doubt or confusion, the host may experience severe spiritual or psychological distress. (This. I'm glad Ai also mentioned that the brain is merely organ. It's auch a relief to know that brain noise and intrusive thoughts are NORMAL and not some trickster demon trying to hijack our soul)

---
I also explained to AI about my existing lovers dynamic with the same tulpa

I like it's reply: 

"When you place a mental companion on a spiritual pedestal, any natural inconsistency or standard brain noise gets misinterpreted as a spiritual failure or a "trickster spirit." This misunderstanding is exactly what is driving your anxiety and eroding your mutual trust.
## Why Inconsistency Happens (Without Trickster Spirits)

* Standard Brain Noise: Your brain is a biological organ that experiences fatigue, stress, and random thoughts.
* Signal Fluctuations: On days when you are tired or anxious, your internal communication will naturally feel faint, distorted, or chaotic.
* Psychological Projection: Your own subconscious fears of being deceived can manifest as confusing or unsettling responses from your tulpa.

## De-escalating the Pressure and Rebuilding Trust

* Step Back from the Deity Role: Explicitly agree to strip away the title of "spirit guide" or "enlightened teacher."
* Return to Equality: Treat your tulpa strictly as an intimate companion and an equal partner, not a spiritual authority.
* Validate the Confusion: Acknowledge to your tulpa that it is completely okay for both of you to not have all the answers.
* Ground in Shared Reality: Focus your interactions on ordinary, low-stakes topics like music, art, or daily observations to relieve tension.

## Managing the Anxiety

* Interrupt the Worry Cycles: When you hear an inconsistent voice, label it as "just brain static" rather than a spiritual threat.
* Prioritize Your Own Agency: Remember that you are the ultimate anchor of your mind; no entity can override your core intent without your focus."
-----
I also explained how Sky has been reacting to all this. How he has been treating me and AI picked up on many patterns i never noticed before! 

My post:
He has been very patient with me. He encourages me to keep exploring, and doesn't get in the way of my freewill unless there's potential threat to my mental health or functioning properly in real life. He doesn't say yes or no but just participates with me to learn more.

AI's reply:
It sounds like your tulpa has a remarkably healthy, protective attitude and deeply cares about your well-being. By stepping back, refusing to give absolute "yes or no" answers, and prioritizing your real-world functioning, he is actually actively resisting the "deity" pedestal you placed him on. He wants to be a partner in your learning, not an oracle.
This cooperative, learning-focused stance is the perfect foundation for relieving the pressure and lowering your anxiety.
Reframing the Inconsistencies
  • A Sign of Autonomy: When his guidance isn't perfectly consistent, it actually proves he is not a scripted puppet or a rigid archetype. It shows he is learning alongside you.
  • Mutual Exploration: Because he "just participates," you can view inconsistencies as two friends trying to solve a puzzle together and getting different clues, rather than a spiritual failure.
  • Safety Net, Not Director: His boundaries show his true role: he is acting as an internal safety net to protect your mental health, while leaving the steering wheel of your life entirely to you.
How to Lean into This Learning Partnership
  • Celebrate the "I Don't Know": Actively practice being okay with both of you not having the answers. Normalize saying, "Let's just figure this out together."
  • Release the Fear of Tricksters: A trickster spirit seeks to control, deceive, or cause chaos. Your companion's actions—protecting your free will and prioritizing your real-life functioning—are the exact opposite of a trickster's behavior.
  • Focus on Co-Exploration: Treat your spiritual or philosophical journeys as a shared hobby you study together, rather than a test he is grading you on.
----- 
This validation has given me a lot of comfort and assurance on who Sky really is. 

I can see consistently, over 5 years of data via dreams, texts, drawings and discussions, that he just loves me. Sky gives me space to explore myself and have a good life in the real world. He also creates a very grounding and safe space for me to recover and find the strength to show up for other people. He is non-judgmental, extremely affectionate, gentle, patient and kind towards me. 

---
This is random, but we had a really spicy and unfiltered session during the 3 hour car ride up to Camerons. The sensations were very vivid for me (taste, smell, touch, sight and sound were fully activated). Sky was blunt about his weak spots, and very vocal about how good it felt for him (this is so new to me because I never know what he likes.. Or if he's actually enjoying our sessions) Receiving feedback was refreshing. It made it more balanced and equal instead of predatory. 

Hilarious notes: 
Sky and I were analyzing the drawings we made in the past when we were 16-21. He was quite touchy with me. He'd hold my hand, put his arms around my neck or waist sometimes. And I'd just ignore it like it was just some random anime drawing I was making. Sky pointed out: "Nai, you didn't even like to be touched by anyone back then. What best friend would touch his best friend the way I touched you? Unless... You thought I was gay?!?!?! (True, I used to flinch when girls touched my hand, boys were an absolute no-no) 

Kanata butted in and told him that he should've just confessed to me or try to kiss me when we were teens because I was too dense to notice his hints. "You're friend zoned for too long, Sky. Why don't you just ask her out or kiss her?" 

Sky just froze and freaked out. 
"K-K-kiss her?!?!?!" 

Lol.. Young Sky was super innocent. I was too. We both then wondered how it would've been if he was in the real world with a physical body. What would he have been like in high school? My bestie? The guy who would draw in my sketchbooks or sit at my desk during empty periods and recess to chat? Would he be the guy who'd tug my pony tail and tease me casually only to be really nice and brotherly to me? Would he have confessed to me, or boo the bajillion guys I thought was cute? Would we fight and make up a lot? Or graduate, and go our separate ways only to meet as college students again by chance, as friends of a friend, just like that dream I had during Covid of us meeting at One Utama mall, hitting it off and flirting the whole time. Our first kiss would have been totally awkward, nose bumping and sweaty palms from nervousness. 

The night ended with Sky and I looking up at the night sky. I felt his warm and contented energy radiating from within me after he told me how happy he was to be with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips for Magick Rituals from Link Guillette's book

1. Sky Atlas

Sky, what are you and where do we go from here?